What is the best way to automate the handoff from sales to customer onboarding?
It really depends on your workflow. Here’s how Venn jumpstarts a project after closing a deal:
So you’ve booked a deal, but what happens next? Is the manual handoff from sales to onboarding or customer success slowing you down? In this inaugural episode of “Drinking Our Own Champagne,” Venn’s Founder and Managing Partner, Scott Hollrah, and Chad Nelson, Project Manager, discuss how automating this process benefits our team and clients in a big way.
- Workato: The integration platform as a service (iPaaS) system used to build workflow automations between various business applications
- PandaDoc: All-in-one document generation platform with approval workflows and e-signature for sharing service agreements and signing deals with clients
- Slack: Company-wide chat notifies team members in the #project-alerts channel when a project is created or archived
- Salesforce: Customer relationship management (CRM) system for referencing clients, deals, and project information, including time-tracking
- Sage Intacct: Financial management system syncs timesheet data and billable hours
- Smartsheet: Client-interfacing project management and collaboration tool to track project from start to finish
- Philips Hue Smart Lights: Customizable colors notify team members in each office when a project is created and archived
In this video, we outline how integrations and automations between these apps can:
- Create a new project for time tracking in Salesforce every time a deal is signed in PandaDoc
- Sync timesheet data from Salesforce to Sage Intacct to ensure the project remains under budget
- Track the progress of a project from Kick Off through Hypercare, including company-wide notifications via Slack and Philips Hue Smart lights throughout the office
Want to connect Salesforce or Sage Intacct to this workflow? Venn Technology specializes in connecting your most important business systems. If you need help expanding a workflow like this, we’re here to help you get started.
Have a specific scenario in mind? We’re here to help if you’d like to see this (or hundreds of other integration ideas) in action.