Ruby on Rails Developer
Venn Technology is purpose-built to be the kind of company clients love to work with and brag on—and that consultants compete to work for. We help small to medium-sized businesses discover newfound efficiencies and effectiveness, delivering more profit to the bottom line and help non-profits maximize the giving they receive to better fulfill their missions. We accomplish this via strategic implementation of Salesforce.com and leveraging integrations with Sage Intacct and today’s best apps including Shopify, Authorize.net, Stripe, ProCore, Slack, PayPal, AWS, Dropbox, Box, and more.
We go the extra mile. We do the right thing. Always. This position is working primarily on integration apps and methodologies.
- It will also requires someone with the ability to complete projects independently.
- Personally perform all steps to ensure code is Production ready, including QA and check-in.
- Functional understanding of the Ruby language; including:
- Ability to build a functioning Rails app ground up/without assistance
- Competence with Ruby Exceptions (ie. error handling), IRB, and Test Driven Development
- Ability to work well with clients as needed
- Competence with basic office systems and Slack
- Passion for development and willingness to stay up to date on the latest developments and trends
- Eagerness to learn
- Working understanding of the following:
- Basic Linux CLI
- RESTful API principles and the building blocks of HTTP requests
- PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Sustainable, repeatable integrations
- Writing tests using the Rails test suite
- Agile development & project management
"Nice to Have" Experience
- Background job queueing/processing (at scale)
- AWS core products (IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, ElastiCache)
- Containerization (eg. Docker)
- Continuous Integration & Development (CI/CD)
- Microservices Design & Best Practices
- Serverless computing (eg. AWS Lambda)
- Familiar with CRMs, ERPs, HRMSs, Financial Accounting basics
We are hiring for a full-time team member to be located within our Grapevine, Texas office. Relocation compensation is not available. The position will require occasional travel to visit client sites within the DFW metroplex and other cities across the US.
The team member must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Venn Technology does not provide sponsorship.
In addition to competitive salary and rewarding work, Venn Technology offers the following benefits:
- Performance Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Insurance
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- Salesforce Certification Exam Fees