Venn Technology is purpose-built to be the kind of company clients love to work with and brag on—and that consultants compete to work for. We help small to medium-sized businesses discover newfound efficiencies and effectiveness, delivering more profit to the bottom line and help non-profits maximize the giving they receive to better fulfill their missions. We accomplish this via strategic implementation of Salesforce.com and leveraging integrations with Sage Intacct and today’s best apps including Shopify, Authorize.net, Stripe, ProCore, Slack, PayPal, AWS, Dropbox, Box, and more.
Are you a self-starter with an interest in pursuing a career in marketing? Do you want to work with an established company to continue growing its marketing program?
If so, then Venn Technology might be a great choice for you.
Venn Technology is looking for a part-time marketing intern to join our team. This paid internship will be focusing on three key points in our marketing strategy: social media, demand generation, and data enrichment in addition to supporting larger initiatives. To be successful, you’ll need to be able to think creatively, be self-motivated, and produce extremely detailed work.
This internship will provide significant hands-on insight into a fast-paced role, as well as invaluable learning through real world application of key marketing concepts and technologies.
Your key goal in this job will be to support the Content Marketing Manager in expanding our digital footprint, awareness, subscribers and leads.
Essentially, the perfect fit for this job would be as follows:
- You believe in the power of storytelling
- You love grammar and answering people’s comma questions
- You’re socially savvy; fluent in LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- You’re known in your friend group for being a good listener and asking insightful questions
- You are drawn to technology
- Have a serious case of GSD (Get Stuff Done)
Still interested? Read more about specific job responsibilities below.
Social Media, Digital & Content Marketing
- Support marketing campaign planning and execution
- Assist in the management of website SEO
- Contribute to and maintain content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- Assist in management of marketing and sales lists and develop targeted lists as needed
- Write copy for marketing collateral, web pages, videos, case studies, property flyers, invitations, reports, presentations, bios, and other forms of digital and print collateral
- Proofread and copy edit a wide range of marketing materials on a regular basis for clarity, style, tone, spelling, grammar and consistency with the AP style guide
- Assist with other duties and special projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- Successful completion of introductory courses in marketing, business, or equivalent
- Web savvy, skilled internet researcher
- Experienced writer and editor with sound knowledge of grammar and spelling
- Fluent in the English language, its rules and proper usage; experience with AP style preferred
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) preferable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Google Workplace Suite
- Previous experience with the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Premiere Pro) a plus
- Outstanding command of the English language
- Team-oriented with a mindset and goal to produce quality work
- Lifelong learner and able to identify new learning opportunities
- Skilled multi-tasker with strong time management skills and keen attention to detail and quality
- Able to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and ask for direction when needed
- Deals well with criticism and able to collect feedback easily
- Great communication skills
Bonus Points If…
- You have contagious enthusiasm that makes others around you light up when you enter the room
- You are obsessed with learning about latest in technology and digital marketing
- You love feedback and are a major team player
- You’re self-motivated and prefer collaboration over supervision
- Practical, applicable experience with current marketing techniques and leading marketing technologies
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing and sales professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Part-time (30-40 hours per month) compensation provided
We are hiring for our Grapevine, Texas office. Relocation compensation is not available. The position will require occasional travel to visit client sites within the DFW metroplex and other cities across the US.
The consultant must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Venn Technology does not provide sponsorship.