Full Stack Developer
Are you impatient, factual and data-oriented?
Would you rather be a subject matter expert than everyone’s best friend?
Are you tired of being slowed down by bureaucracy within your job?
Are you bored of working the same long project day in and day out?
If so, we may have the right role for you!
Venn Technology is purpose-built to be the kind of company clients love to work with and brag on—and that consultants compete to work for. We help small to medium-sized businesses discover newfound efficiencies and effectiveness, delivering more profit to the bottom line and help non-profits maximize the giving they receive to better fulfill their missions. We accomplish this via strategic implementation of Salesforce.com and leveraging integrations with Sage Intacct and today’s best apps including Shopify, Authorize.net, Stripe, ProCore, Slack, PayPal, AWS, Dropbox, Box, and more.
We go the extra mile. We do the right thing. Always. As a Full Stack Developer on our delivery team, you will work closely with our consultants, customers, and partners to solve mission-critical business challenges. The ideal candidate is one that is willing to learn anything to get the job done. This individual is hungry to learn, capable of learning on their own, and not afraid to get their hands dirty. Any day could involve styling a page for users with some custom CSS work, building business logic in Salesforce.com Apex triggers, designing basic UI/UX components, making enhancements to a Python or Node.js application, or managing infrastructure in AWS. As a growing technology consulting firm, we have a need for someone who is excited about technology and wants to become a jack of all trades.
- A Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience are required
- 2+ years experience with the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 1+ year experience with developing web applications with SOAP, RESTful, and/or MVC architectures
- 1+ year development experience with another common language (Python, Ruby, Go)
- Some experience with application frameworks like Django, React, Angular, etc
- Understanding or working knowledge of various authentication methods: OAuth, HTTP Basic/Bearer, etc, and Open ID.
- Work with a team lead to enhance and maintain two home-grown, multi-tenant applications built on AWS Lambda with Django, AWS API Gateway, Cloudfront, Route53, S3, and CloudWatch
- Work directly with project managers and clients to gather UI/UX requirements and implement them as part of a larger project. We build business applications, not websites. Sometimes this requires design enhancements to the front-facing part of the application to achieve a look similar to clients’ websites
Work you'll do
As a Developer, you will specialize in building powerful yet elegant products using cutting edge technologies. The Developer will have the opportunity to design and build innovative applications that offer measurable business value to our clients. The individual in this role may work in either a pure development role, helping architect and design a solution, or act as a lead, managing a development team.
- Evaluate client business challenges and work with the team to arrive at the best-fit technology solution components
- Design, document, and develop world class web applications leveraging the full spectrum of front-end and back-end technologies and cutting-edge design patterns
- Collaborate with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Mentor and assist with training junior developers
We are hiring for a full-time team member to be located within our Grapevine, Texas office. Relocation compensation is not available. The position will require occasional travel to visit client sites within the DFW metroplex and other cities across the US.
The team member must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Venn Technology does not provide sponsorship.
In addition to competitive salary and rewarding work, Venn Technology offers the following benefits:
- Performance Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Insurance
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- Salesforce Certification Exam Fees