Content Marketing Director
Venn Technology is purpose-built to be the kind of company clients love to work with and brag on—and that consultants compete to work for. We help small to medium-sized businesses discover newfound efficiencies and effectiveness, delivering more profit to the bottom line and help non-profits maximize the giving they receive to better fulfill their missions. We accomplish this via strategic implementation of Salesforce.com and leveraging integrations with Sage Intacct and today’s best apps including Shopify, Authorize.net, Stripe, ProCore, Slack, PayPal, AWS, Dropbox, Box, and more.
Are you a content marketing enthusiast who believes in the power of digital marketing to educate customers, build brand loyalty and drive sales? Are you a skilled editor and writer who wants to work with an established company to build and grow its content marketing strategy?
If so, then Venn Technology might be a great choice for you.
The right candidate for this position will be a savvy wordsmith, have a knack and love for writing, and have the ability to interview subject matter experts and then turn that information into web content.
Your key goal in this job will produce content to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers and leads. Additionally, this position will spearhead our event marketing and social media.
Essentially, the perfect fit for this job would be as follows:
- You believe in the power of storytelling
- You love grammar and answering people’s comma questions
- You’re socially savvy; fluent in LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- You’re known in your friend group for being a good listener and asking insightful questions
- You are drawn to technology
- Have a serious case of GSD (Get Stuff Done).
Still interested? Read more about specific job responsibilities below.
Social Media, Digital & Content Marketing
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Optimize the company’s marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, landing pages and social channels
- Publish unique content, engage with followers and manage listening campaigns on corporate social media channels to drive brand awareness, consumer engagement and leads
- Evaluate and measure the success of social media and content marketing campaigns; use this data to make recommendations for changes/improvements
- Creation of fresh content for the company learning center and website to attract site visitors through search, social, and our email subscribers
- Manage all marketing and sales lists and develop targeted lists as needed
- Write copy for marketing collateral, web pages, videos, case studies, property flyers, invitations, reports, presentations, bios, and other forms of digital and print collateral
- Proofread and copy edit a wide range of marketing materials on a regular basis for clarity, style, tone, spelling, grammar and consistency with the AP style guide
- Manage website updates and maintenance, especially blog posts, case studies, press releases, bios, etc.
- Implement inbound marketing strategies, allowing leads to self-qualify via website engagement; strategies include lead scoring, internal email campaigns, progressive profiling, etc.
- Develop content strategy, including pillar content campaigns and development of client personas
Event Marketing – When the world returns to normal
- Lead logistics, budgeting and event design for conferences, tradeshows, and online events such as webinars
- Work in conjunction with Venn’s outside marketing agency to ensure consistency of the brand
- Create and contribute to internal reports recapping marketing initiatives, events and measuring results
- Assist with other duties and special projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 3-5 years experience working in marketing and content creation
- Experience with writing and designing email broadcasts and using email marketing software
- Experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge
- Experience working in an agency, design firm or sales organization creatively supporting clients/marketing/salespeople preferred
- Web savvy, skilled internet researcher
- Experienced writer and editor with sound knowledge of grammar and spelling
- Fluent in the English language, its rules and proper usage; experience with AP style preferred
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) preferable
- Working knowledge of WordPress; familiarity with HTML
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proven editorial skills; outstanding command of the English language
- Proven experience in working with a team, with a mindset and goal to produce the best content
- Lifelong learner and able to identify new learning opportunities
- Skilled multi-tasker with strong time management skills and keen attention to detail and quality
- Able to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines and ask for direction when needed
- Deals well with criticism and able to collect feedback easily
- Great communication skills and able to interview and make people comfortable
Bonus Points If…
- You have contagious enthusiasm that makes others around you light up when you enter the room
- You are obsessed with learning about latest in technology and digital marketing
- You love feedback and are a major team player
- You’re self-motivated and prefer collaboration over supervision
The consultant must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Venn Technology does not provide sponsorship.
In addition to competitive salary and rewarding work, Venn Technology offers the following benefits:
- Performance Bonus
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Insurance Stipend
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- Salesforce Certification Exam Fees